Do you want to work for a company you can truly believe in? Are honesty and integrity core values that are important to you? Are genuine and meaningful connections with your team and your employer important to your job satisfaction? Do you want to be respected for your opinion and rewarded for working hard and making a real difference in an entrepreneurial environment? If you’ve answered yes to all of these questions, then we encourage you to read on and learn more about this opportunity at Adjoy
We’re changing the game of retail marketing by respecting and strengthening the retailer/shopper relationship through transparency, mutual benefit and choice. The result is a completely new, innovative, high frequency transaction business that creates and distributes significant value to the everyday grocery shopper.
This Accounting Manager is responsible for working with third party vendors to create and implement accounting system improvements, execute monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, manage all accounting functions within the company. We expect s/he to grow with the role, eventually hiring, training and managing the accounting department.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures, directing requirements and providing oversight and management of accounting systems and software applications.
- Guides third party accounting service providers coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results
- SFAS Rules
- Time Management
- Data Entry Management
- General Math Skills
- Comfortable working with different accounting systems including QuickBooks (NetSuite a plus).