Director of Brand Partnerships
Do you want to sell a product that you can truly believe in? Are honesty and integrity core values that are important to you? Does your reputation with your clients matter as much to you as meeting your Sales targets? Are genuine and meaningful connections with your customer, your team, and your employer important to your job satisfaction? Do you want to be respected for your opinion and rewarded for working hard and making a real difference in an entrepreneurial environment? If you’ve answered yes to all of these questions, then we encourage you to read on and learn more about this opportunity at Adjoy.
The Director of Brand Partnerships will be responsible for collaborating with brand, shopper, and media agency teams to execute highly interactive and data driven media campaigns across the Adjoy media platform. The ideal candidate is a results oriented self-starter who has a strong digital media industry background, and can motivate clients to think and act differently in times of rapid technological and consumer driven change. You will own the entire sales cycle and be responsible for prospecting, setting meetings, presenting our solution, building relationships with key decision makers, and motivating them to include Adjoy in their media buys and client proposals. Selling will be done through email, phone calls, virtual presentations, face to face meetings, and tradeshows. This dynamic role will represent our solution across multiple verticals ranging from consumer goods to restaurants to apparel to travel to entertainment to electronics and more. Opportunity for personal and organizational growth is substantial in a start-up company with a significant TAM.
- Generate incremental revenue and exceed assigned revenue targets. This is a sales role.
- Penetrate and build relationships across multiple levels of assigned accounts and agencies
- Translate those relationships into active partnerships that incorporate Adjoy solutions as a “must have” component of their brand Marketing plans and agency media buys
- Fully understand and passionately describe our products and solutions to all external parties
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape and the differentiated aspects of our unique solution
- Understanding of current digital media supply chain processes, inefficiencies, and trends.
- Stay versed in the behavioral dynamics of today’s tech savvy consumer and how it affects their appetite for meaningful brand engagement
- Extensive and ongoing industry information gathering/sharing through various resources such as trade publications, competitive media, industry functions, the internet, etc.
- Be relentless in your pursuit of bringing on new advertisers across multiple verticals
- Be comfortable at both penetrating existing accounts, as well as cultivating incremental business from new untapped clients and agencies of record
- Drive the entire Sales cycle which can include but is not limited to:
- Prospecting new business and reaching influential decision makers at assigned clients
- Building/delivering customized and compelling presentations for each sales call
- Being persistent and eventually "close the sale." (Sooner vs later of course!)
- Launching and monitoring campaign performance
- Evaluating campaign impact
- Leveraging results for renewals and increased budget allocations
- Apply a consultative sales approach that focuses on client objectives, but also maintain a sense of urgency on closing deals
- Develop in-depth understanding of clients, their marketing strategies, their organization (decision makers/influencers), their budget pools, their agencies, and their media buying inflection points.
- Work collaboratively across multiple internal functional areas such as Operations, Product, Marketing, Finance, and Retail teams to effectively launch and evaluate campaigns
- Have an appreciation for the value of analytics, and have the ability to validate our solution by effectively interpreting, analyzing, and packaging data
- Be comfortable carrying a quota and handling the pressure of delivering a revenue goal
- Be motivated by being handsomely rewarded for achieving and exceeding that goal
- Represent Adjoy at industry events such as trade shows, client sponsored activities, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years with experience in selling digital media products or services directly to brands and/or agencies, and will be able to leverage their knowledge of the space and an established network to create immediate opportunities
- Solid understanding of the digital media landscape including ad formats, measurement standards, industry trends, key players, terminology, and overall knowledge of the media supply chain buying and measurement standards
- Understanding of how media companies sell their banner and video content to brands and agencies, with an ability to convey alternative and more effective solutions
- Proven track record of successfully closing six to seven figure media deals
- Preferred concentration in the CPG industry with fundamental understanding of brand perspectives, challenges, and needs
- Broader experience selling to other consumer verticals (Travel, Entertainment, Telecomm, Gaming, Apparel, etc.), is a plus but not a requirement
- Membership and certification in industry organizations such as IAB, ANA, etc. is a plus
- Established track record of meeting/exceeding revenue goals and developing relationships with senior level decision makers at assigned clients
- Self-motivated, solution oriented, client centric, strategic minded, passionate and persuasive, and driven by the tenet that building trust and credibility with the customer is the foundation for the creation of long term sustainable and strategic client partnerships
- Adaptable and comfortable with multitasking and working in a rapidly changing environment
- Desire to work in a dynamic startup where your input is valued and respected to influence our solutions, develop compelling and convincing sales collateral, determine how we interact with clients, and impact how we go to market
- Solid written and oral communication skills. Can confidently convey your solution in multiple environments whether it’s a 1-1 conversation or in a 100+ person center stage presentation.
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship management skills. Ability to influence people.
- Proven ability to negotiate successfully and close complex contracts
- Familiarity and discipline with managing opportunities, contacts, and workflow in an automated CRM system such as Salesforce or Pipedrive
- Comfortable selling over the phone or in digital conferencing (i.e. Webex) type environment
- Ability to work independently, with little or no supervision. Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient and self-sufficient in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time. Home office based role that requires travel.
- Preferred location in NYC, Chicago, or Los Angeles
- Exceptions may be considered for certain candidates
Give us a shout.
We'd love to chat about your digital marketing strategy. Sign up today for more information about our upcoming pilot program or to request a demo of the Adjoy platform. Someone will reach out to you soon!
1906 North Armenia Ave
P: 813 421 8334